Here’s a simple recipe if you want to try your hand at making a gourmet meal using microgreens!
This fresh, zesty and crispy skin salmon, veggies and noodles uses beautiful fresh microgreens pesto and fresh microgreens, also known as Micro Herbs, as garnishes to add a powerful punch of flavour. The microgreens perfectly compliment the salmon, green vegetables and sesame-ginger dressing.
Enjoy the delicious flavours and amazing textures that microgreens will bring to your meal! Pick up fresh, living microgreens in the pot from the fresh produce section at select Coles Australia stores or visit your local farmers market.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- Microgreens pesto- see recipe here for making microgreens pesto (or add other pesto)
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 200g packs of pre cooked yakisoba noodles (other options: rice noodles or zoodles)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into bite size pieces
- 200g snow peas, cut into diagonal thirds
- 1 large handful of raw spinach, chopped
- sea salt
- Pocket Herbs Microgreens (available alive in the pot from the produce section at select Coles Australia supermarket or from you local farmers market).
- spring onion, finely chopped diagonally
- toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 avocado, quartered and cut in thin slices
Sesame Ginger Dressing
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 lime, freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp fine ginger paste
- 1 large garlic clove, finely grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta and cook pasta according to directions.
- Make the sesame ginger dressing by stirring the ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- After the noodles are done cooking, drain into a colander, reserving the water. Rinse with cold water to remove starch and set aside in a bowl.
- Add noodle water back in the pot, add any veggies that need a quick blanching directly into the boiling noodle water (broccolini, asparagus, snow peas, edamame) for 1-2 minutes, until they turn bright green. Drain and rinse with cold running water until chilled.
- Pour dressing over the top of noodles and veggies, reserving a few teaspoons for the salmon.
- Add in the chopped baby spinach and toss everything together well. Add in the spring onions. Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Pat the salmon dry with a paper towel and make sure there are no bones. Season with a light sprinkle of sea salt and spread a layer of .
- Heat a skillet on high heat. Carefully place salmon skin side down, using a spatula, gently press down each piece to get a nice crispy skin, about 5-7 minutes. Gently flip and turn off the heat. Let it sit in the pan for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Place noodles and veggies in a bowl, Top with salmon fillet, add a spoonful of microgreen pesto, a sprinkle of fresh microgreen garnish and a drizzle of remaining dressing sauce. Enjoy!