A family run business committed to supplying quality gourmet produce Australia wide.
Pocket Herbs is nestled in the hills of beautiful Burringbar, in the Northern Rivers of NSW. The farm supplies wholesale agents, providores and retailers across Australia; and is HACCP, HARPS and Freshcare accredited, guaranteeing customers and end consumers high-quality produce, year-round.
Microgreens, gourmet leaves, rare edibles and native and non-native bush foods are grown commercially on-site in a purpose-built hydroponic system. We grow our products in controlled environment greenhouses covering 0.4 hectares, and use sustainable agricultural practices, some of which include:
- The collection and 100% use of rainwater
- Recycling of water through our growing system, using as much as 10 times less water than traditional field farming
- Use of rechargeable electric machinery
- No fungicides, or chemical pesticides used on any crops
- Solar PV panels on-site, meaning most of the energy we use is renewable
- Use of non-GMO seed
- Adoption of Integrated Pest Management practices
Iain and Mandy Reynolds began supplying Microgreens to local providores and the Brisbane foodservices market in 2008. The family run business began as a backyard project, just outside of Byron Bay. Iain’s passion for growing and background in engineering, underpins the use of technology alongside sustainable agricultural practices.
Today, Pocket Herbs offers a wide range of produce in addition to living microgreens, and employs approx. 25 people, making it one of the largest employers in the Southern Tweed Shire.
We now supply product to providores and wholesale agents in Brisbane, Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Newcastle, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Pocket Herbs was approached by Coles Supermarkets in May 2020, and now supplies over 300 stores in NSW and QLD.