Making pesto pasta is so easy and it takes so little time. If you’ve already made your 5 minute zesty microgreen pesto using Pocket Herbs Microgreens, which are readily available in select Coles Australia fresh produce aisles or from your local farmers market. Then you’re ready to create a filling, nutritious and delicious meal! All you have to do is cook up some fusilli, add your zesty pesto, and top with tomato and microgreens.
The best part about this pesto pasta is you can make this ahead of time and store it for up to 5 days. So whenever you feel like a tasty dish packed with nutrients, all you have to do is give it a good mix and serve.
- Approx. 150g of fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup of zesty microgreen pesto
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 a handful of Pocket Herbs Microgreens (to garnish)
- 3 tsp of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- Heat up 2.5 cups of water in a cooking pot, add salt, and olive oil. Adding olive oil to the water stops pasta from sticking.
- When the water is boiling add the fusilli. Cover and cook for about 10-12 mins. When the pasta is cooked, drain out all the water and set aside.
- Cut up the tomato into chunks.
- Add the pesto sauce to cooked pasta, top with the tomato and Pocket Herbs Microgreens.
Serve hot or wait until it cools for a refreshing pasta salad!